We employ techniques designed to clarify understanding, promote empathy, and uncover new opportunities.
We leverage research and tech to define innovations that maximize the impact of XD on our customer’s business.
We achieve empathy and understanding by actively listening, observing, and asking good questions.
Capturing and correctly interpreting both internal perspectives and the Voice of Customer (VOC) is key to designing a successful and sustainable product or service. Our brand of experience research helps businesses hone their objectives and clarify their customers’ needs early in the process, ensuring we’re designing the right thing.
During the execution phase, additional research allows us to validate design choices pre-launch to certify that we are designing things right.
We leverage a variety of techniques to deliver insights, such as:
- Expert evaluations to ensure adherence to universal principles.
- Competitive research to gain market visibility.
- Ethnographic observations to deepen our understanding of the design problem.
- Interviews to gain insight into different perspectives.
- Surveys and UX benchmarking to quantify our qualitative research.
- Card sorting and tree testing to better organize information.
- Clickstream analysis to shed light on current activity.
- Affinity mapping to organize ideas and data.
- Usability testing to establish baselines and validate design choices.
- Concept testing to measure how ideas resonate.
- Desirability studies and focus groups to clarify attitudes and perceptions.
Creating a world-class customer experience requires a holistic perspective identified through deep investigation, understanding, and empathy.
At ZENxd we work with our clients to craft a strategy for delivering meaningful customer experiences that achieve lasting business value. For a business, lasting value is achieved when its needs are aligned with those of the customers they serve. By examining the many facets that affect its ability to deliver impactful customer experiences, we can uncover new opportunities and improve a company’s prospects for long-term sustainability.
To ensure we design the right thing, we:
- Learn the Business goals, resources, capabilities, processes, and offerings that impact the customer experience.
- Understand the Customer through in-depth interviews, surveys, analytics, user studies, and observations.
- Clarify technology constraints and opportunities.
- Benchmark the competition relative to customer experience, brand, products and services, cost, market share, finances, social media, organizational culture, intellectual property, and strategic relationships.
- Map the relationships, touch-points, processes, and technologies that combine to create successful customer journeys.
- Set quantifiable goals that align business objectives with customer needs.
- Execute the strategy by marshaling resources, exploring ideas, validating solutions, and delivering results.
- Measure key indicators and hone the strategy as needed.
We are focused on delivering positive outcomes, not piles of artifacts.
When it is time to execute, ZENxd brings a team capable of bridging the gap between the product vision and a successful solution.
At ZENxd, we work collaboratively with our clients to build a shared understanding of the problems and the desired outcomes. With an eye on the goal, we attack the problem through rapid iteration and testing. We focus on only those activities that directly impact the outcome, and strip away the fluff. We learn from the target customer, then integrate that knowledge into our designs to guide solutions towards our client’s goal.
The result is a measurable design that delivers on our client’s objectives and meets (or exceeds) the needs of their customers.
To ensure we design things right, we:
- Partner with our clients, acting as an extension of the team, not a siloed consultant.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Leverage Design Thinking to solve problems.
- Seek a shared understanding of the problems and outcomes.
- Are goal-directed.
- Are focused on what matters.
- Are Agile friendly.
- Continuously learn from the customer.
- Use rapid iteration to quickly get to the heart of the matter.
- Focus on outcomes.